Are you ready for the ultimate battle? The most action-packed word game ever devised, War of Words Apocalypse takes your standard online crossword game and amplifies it with Bombs, Poisons, Blasters, Black Holes, Portals, Nuclear Bombs, and more! Level your character up, unlocking new actions and boards. Experience epic four player games, customize your character with unique titles and avatars, or try out Nightmare Mode for an extra challenge! Grab an extra boost anytime by calling in the Reserves! All this and much more await you in this new addition to the War of Words series.
War of Words Apocalypse is an entertaining hybrid word/strategy game. Building on the formula established in the original War of Words, Apocalypse introduces new Action Tiles including Nuclear Bomb, Black Hole, Blaster, Poison, Medic, and Portal tiles. Players can destroy the entire board with a Nuclear Bomb, poison their opponents over several turns, zap an entire row of tiles with a Blaster, or play their words through Portals for the ultimate mind-bending crossword experience.
In Apocalypse, players start at level 1 and work their way up as they play. At each level, players unlock a new Action Tile and one or more new board layouts. This level curve eases players into the game slowly, teaching them new mechanics one at a time.
War of Words Apocalypse is the ideal word game for players who enjoy a healthy dose of strategy and action. There are explosions at every turn, and players who find themselves on the losing side can often use Action Tiles to regain the lead. The scoring math from the original War of Words has been redesigned in Apocalypse, making the game much more fair and balanced.
There are nearly 100 achievements to attempt, and successful players will earn new Titles and Avatars to show off their impressive accomplishments.
- Multiplier Tiles multiply scoring of letters and words (from 2L and 2W up to 8L and 8W)
- Star Tiles let players play a word anywhere
- Bomb Tiles destroy letter tiles in a square
- Shield Tiles protect areas from opponents
- Titanium Tiles are indestructible, serving to block other actions
- Extra Turn Tiles allow players to play two turns in a row
- Poison Tiles poison players over several turns
- Medic Tiles grant points to players over several turns
- Blaster Tiles destroy letters in a straight line across the board
- Black Hole Tiles grow to a large size, destroying everything in their path
- Portal Tiles let you warp part of your word to an arbitrary place on the board
- Nuclear Bomb Tiles destroy the entire board and upgrade all the multipliers on the board
- More Actions are planned for Expansion Packs, including Rain, Fire, and Lightning
- Based on the standard, online, crossword gameplay loved by word gamers worldwide
- Players are no longer limited to just letter tiles – Action Tiles are now included
- 12 unique Action Tiles
- 19 different board layouts
- Boards are more colorful and vibrant with the addition of scenery tiles
- Players level up as they play, making the game easier to learn over time
- Using the Reserves, players can bring in an Action Tile of their choice at any time (once per game)
- Players unlock special Titles and Avatars to show off their achievements
- Players can purchase Avatar Packs from the in-game Store
- Support for up to four players in a single match
- Combat Log feature lets you keep track of everything that happened during each turn
- Head-to-Head Statistics let you track your record against various groups of opponents
- The Armory gives players a central area to learn about all the Action Tiles
- Expansion Packs offer still more Action Tiles and board layouts, along with an increased level cap
- Valor Rating system accurately gauges player skill for matchmaking and ranking
- Scoring math streamlined, making the game fairer and more balanced
- Play online with up to 50 friends at once, or play at home with friends using Pass and Play
- Game Center Achievements and Leaderboards
- Online chat
- Push notifications let users know when it is their turn to play
- iPhone 3GS/4/4S, iPod Touch 3/4, or iPad 1/2/3
- Requires iOS 5.0 or later
- Universal app optimized for display on all iOS devices
- 41 MB
- Internet connection required (WiFi or Cellular)
- Game Center account required
Pricing and Availability:
War of Words Apocalypse is available exclusively through the App Store in the Games category. The game is free, supported by advertising. An option to disable the advertising is available as an in-app purchase.