We are pleased to announce the release of War of Words 3.0! Here’s a look at the changes:
- Introducing the Shield Tile!
- New game options have been added to the bottom of the board selection menu:
- Limit Swaps (each player will be allowed three swaps per game)
- Shield Tiles (Shield Tiles will be in the supply of most boards)
- Balanced Distribution (vowels and consonants will be balanced as much as possible)
- New feature: Statistics! From within a game, tap More | Statistics to see tons of info about your opponent and that game
- Players will now be able to see which tiles were blown up by a Land Mine
- Six new boards
- Six new achievements
- New game background: Particles
- Added an intro video for new players
- Now supports upside down portrait orientation
- New option: Lock Orientation (keeps the game upright even if your device is upside down)
- Updated many of the graphics
- Improved graphics performance
- Compatibility with iOS 5
- Many stability improvements and bug fixes
- This update requires iOS 4.3 or higher (up from 4.1)
In addition, the tile drawing code on the server has been rewritten to correct many issues players were experiencing.
Please note that in order to play on the new boards or use the Shield Tile, players must challenge an opponent who has also updated to 3.0.
You can read the press release here.