Forword Rush, my new action-packed word game, is out now on the App Store! Forword Rush is a new style of hybrid word-action game, featuring adrenaline-pumping word building set to an 80s-inspired soundtrack. I think you’ll like it!
It’s a separate download for iPhone and iPad. It requires iOS 7, and supports every iOS 7-supported device except iPhone 4. Check it out now!
I’m pleased to announce my third game for iOS: Forword Rush! Forword Rush is a new style of hybrid word-action game, featuring adrenaline-pumping word building set to an 80s-inspired soundtrack. It’s sure to be an experience you’ll never forget, as you race to complete objectives and adventure through three unique worlds.
You can get a sneak peek at screenshots and gameplay videos by visiting the Facebook page.
Forword Rush is scheduled for release on October 10, 2013.
The second expansion pack for War of Words 2 has arrived! The Sands of Time has players adventure into the desert and expand their word-building powers.
Level up to 20, earning 3 new action tiles! But beware: sandstorms, camels, and mummies will stand in your way! Unearth ancient coins, summon a powerful genie, and discover the mysteries hidden in the desert!
War of Words 2 is available for download exclusively on the App Store.
Welcome to the Jungle! The War of Words 2 v4.1 update introduces the first expansion pack, Jungle of the Elements. This expansion raises the level cap to 16 and introduces the Fire, Rain, and Lightning tiles! Get ready for new mechanics featuring Water, Pirate Ships, and Sharks! Experience 16 brand new boards with beautiful jungle-themed scenery. Test your limits with 27 new achievements, and earn 7 new titles and 6 new avatars!
Jungle of the Elements is available for purchase in the in-game Store. As long as you own the expansion, you can challenge other players using the expansion (and they don’t need to own it).
Please note: in order to experience the new content in the expansion, you will need to already have filled up your experience bar at level 12.
This update also adds:
- iPhone 4 players: In order to greatly enhance your experience, Black Holes will no longer animate
- New option: Preferred Tile Color. You can use this to always appear to yourself as your preferred color. (Other players may see you as a different color.)
- Fixed an issue that caused the game to progressively slow down over time for players with iOS 6
- Fixed an issue that caused placing tiles to be extremely slow on certain boards
- Additional bug fixes and performance improvements
The War of Words v4.0 update has arrived! It may take up to 24 hours to appear in your local App Store, so stay patient.
- Now you can tweet your high scores and wins, or just whenever you feel like it (requires iOS 5 or higher)
- New direct access to Facebook, the Forums, and Tournaments from the main menu
- Now you can see a full-screen preview of each board before you pick it
- Board selection now asks you to confirm before starting the game
- Tapping Recall once will now first recall letters, and a second tap will recall actions
- New Option: Enable Partial Recall
- New Option: Enable Vibration
- New Option: Action Warnings
- Your rack order will now be saved even if you leave the game
- Pass & Play games: the rack will now be obscured between turns, so your opponent can’t see your rack
- Retina graphics for the new iPad, as well as other art updates throughout
- Sounds are now played using your device’s music volume instead of as system sound effects
- Added a Restore Purchases option on the main menu
- Significantly reduced memory consumption, battery usage, and download size
- New game servers offer faster performance
- Hundreds of other bug fixes and improvements
One change we want to call out in particular: the 4.0 update moves the game to a new set of servers. We believe these servers will be much faster and more reliable than our old ones. We conducted a large-scale beta test to make sure things run smoothly. But despite our best efforts, things could still go wrong! We’ll be standing by to immediately address any issues that come up, if any. Thanks for playing, and enjoy the update!
We are pleased to announce the official launch date of War of Words 2! It will be released on Thursday, June 28, at roughly 0:00 local time (midnight). New Zealand is the first to get it, and it rolls out around the world hour by hour. We will also be releasing the 4.0 update to War of Words (the original game) a few hours prior to when the War of Words 2 rollout begins.
Get ready for the ultimate battle!
I’m excited to announce the next game in the War of Words series: War of Words 2!
Are you ready for the ultimate battle? The most action-packed word game ever devised, War of Words 2 takes your standard online crossword game and amplifies it with Bombs, Poisons, Blasters, Black Holes, Portals, Nuclear Bombs, and more! Level your character up, unlocking new actions and boards. Experience epic four player games, customize your character with unique titles and avatars, or try out Nightmare Mode for an extra challenge! Grab an extra boost anytime by calling in the Reserves! All this and much more await you in this new addition to the War of Words series.
The alpha test has reached it’s conclusion, and closed beta testing begins today.
War of Words 2 is coming this summer for iPhone and iPad.
To sign up to be notified when War of Words 2 is released, and for a chance to win one of 10 free copies of the game, visit us at www.wordapocalypse.com.
Also make sure to visit our new forums, which also just launched today! You can watch the beta test as it happens.
Thanks a bunch to the thousands of players who responded to the in-game news article and voted!
We are pleased to announce the release of War of Words 3.0! Here’s a look at the changes:
- Introducing the Shield Tile!
- New game options have been added to the bottom of the board selection menu:
- Limit Swaps (each player will be allowed three swaps per game)
- Shield Tiles (Shield Tiles will be in the supply of most boards)
- Balanced Distribution (vowels and consonants will be balanced as much as possible)
- New feature: Statistics! From within a game, tap More | Statistics to see tons of info about your opponent and that game
- Players will now be able to see which tiles were blown up by a Land Mine
- Six new boards
- Six new achievements
- New game background: Particles
- Added an intro video for new players
- Now supports upside down portrait orientation
- New option: Lock Orientation (keeps the game upright even if your device is upside down)
- Updated many of the graphics
- Improved graphics performance
- Compatibility with iOS 5
- Many stability improvements and bug fixes
- This update requires iOS 4.3 or higher (up from 4.1)
In addition, the tile drawing code on the server has been rewritten to correct many issues players were experiencing.
Please note that in order to play on the new boards or use the Shield Tile, players must challenge an opponent who has also updated to 3.0.
You can read the press release here.
The War of Words v3.0 update has just entered beta testing! This update won’t ship until iOS 5 is released (probably in early October).
Perhaps the most sought-after feature in this update is a brand new action tile! This is the first new action tile since the game launched earlier this year. What is this new action tile? You’ll have to wait and see!
Stay tuned, and be sure to tell your friends about War of Words!